Review of IELTS Tutors Online

Share:

I would like to tell you about a site I found this week called IELTS Tutor Pro. I have had some experience with IELTS as I needed this test to gain entry into my university and my other half is taking the test now. At the time I was in education there was no online teaching around and I struggled for some time to pass the IELTS test.

It was a nice surprise to see a site offering quality teaching and you could tell this straight away by the teachers requirements. All teachers have to have a lot of qualifications and experience before being able to the site and teach IELTS lessons. I actually stumbled into this site through Google as I was researching how online education has taken off in recent years. I told my husband as he is in the process of taking the IELTS at the moment and so I showed him this site and he took a free trial. The experience he had was positive, he mentioned that the reply to his initial request was quick and friendly from one of the teachers and he managed to book a full 5 lesson package on the same day.

One problem was that the site has no other payment method than Paypal, and as we have had some problems with Paypal we wanted to pay just directly by card. Anyway, it was not a huge problem as we used a friends account.

It got me thinking about IELTS and other online education sites and if this really will be the future of education. Why do I think this? Well is is a very easy way to learn with no travel fees or costs and the experience, so he told me, was very similar to a face to face lesson. He said the quality of the call (on Skype) was clear and the teacher did use her webcam without any Internet problems. He did mention that the teacher was able to email him the writing tasks back to him after he had finished the lesson so he could review everything she told him to do. One thing he said was missing was that he would have liked the lesson to be recorded so that he could listen back to any problems with his speaking ability.

Everyone knows that IELTS is a very tough test and I do think that this site is a good addition to the world of online teaching, for example when I looked for other sites offering higher educational IELTS and TOEFL lessons it seemed there were some good other sites but a lack of focus on this particular sector of education. We will see over the next 5 years how online education takes off and if people can make the leap from classroom and private lessons to using Skype and other apps such as Whatsapp. All in all, a good site and I will give further comment once my husband finishes, and passes, his IELTS test.

Please visit their website IELTS Tutors Online to check it out if you are taking the IELTS test soon.